Video : Fresh off his best actor Academy Award win, Matthew McConaughey is doing a victory lap of sorts / Lincoln's MKC

Fresh off his best actor Academy Award win, Matthew McConaughey is doing a victory lap of sorts in a bizarre ad campaign for Lincoln's MKC.
In the campaign, McConaughey appears to be channeling his True Detective character, Det. Rustin Cohle. Three of the spots have been released so far with two more to come. In the spot above, he riffs in something like free association as a bull crosses his path.

"That's a big bull ... I think that's old Cyrus," says McConaughey. "Eighteen hundred pounds and do whatever the heck I want ... I can respect that ... Take the long way, huh?" Then McConaughey does a U-turn and thanks Cyrus. Fade to black.
McConaughey drops some more wisdom here:

Why Lincoln? McConaughey explains in this ad:

"I've been driving a Lincoln since ... long before anyone paid me to drive one," he says. "I didn't do it to be cool. I didn't do it to make a statement. I just liked it."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

RichRelevance, figleaves.com, Twist, W2O Group, Annalise Coady, AOL Inc, GroupM Entertainment, Graham Moysey, Richard Hampson, Being Mum with Tess Daly,30Something with Richard Bacon.